Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Provo MTC: February 28, 2000

Hail, fellow humans!

Sorry 'bout that "other" letter.  I was reading a missionary quote/tip book and it said, "Write your family weekly, not weakly."  That hit me hard.  I wrote you that letter just to get a letter off this week.  This one is in repentance for that lame letter.

Hey, remember all them missionaries with them blue plastic bags going into the MTC?  Well, they were returning from the temple here in Provo.  I've been there every Monday.  I attended three sessions and today we did baptisms.  It was really cool.  I got to confirm Elder Merkley for ten people.  About half of the names were German and the other half were Spanish.  Then, we were asked (we being Elder Merkley and I (by the way, I don't think I've ever seen him before today)) to perform the confirmation for Sister Queen (never seen her before, either).  Then, Elder Merkley and I were witnesses to the baptisms, and then we baptized each other.  Needless to say it was awesome.

The Elders who were the assistants to the branch president left for México this morning.  Elders Ball and Holt are their replacements.  Neato, no?

Elder Miller's parents are Layne and Tammy Miller.  They live at [ed: sorry, not gonna print that here].  It's a blue dome house.  Their phone number is [ed: nope, not putting that here, either].

My little Ninja Bear is getting a lot of action.  He's really fun to squeeze (so he does his ninja voice thing) and then toss at the other elders.  It took them four weeks to figure out how to throw him back.  I really love my Ninja Bear.  Don't tell him I said that, though.  He tried to strangle me last time I said it.

I have an awesome script to share with you.  It's 3 Nefi 5:13 [tr: 3 Nephi 5:13].
He aqui, soy discipulo de Jesucristo, el Hijo de Dios.  He sido llamado por el para declarar su palabra entre los de su pueblo, a fin de que alcancen la vida eterna.
[tr: Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.  I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.] 
Speaking of scriptures, I bought a Book of Mormon today.  Well actually, it's a Mormon Kuatiañe'ê Pehengue [tr: Book of Mormon].  That's Guaraní, Paraguay's second official language.  It's not the entire Book of Mormon, but most of the importantestest parts are there.  It's really cool.

Well, my Book of Mormon study time is drawing near, so I'd better close.  Love ya all, and thanks for everything!

Joe

PS Like the card, Mom?

Alma 29:9,13



"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." --Matthew 4:19



No comments:

Post a Comment